The classic Italian “Bruschetta”
The classic Italian Bruschetta is typical Italian goodness, prepared with slices of roasted home-made bread
Today the classic Italian Bruschetta has become the queen of summer appetizers and cocktail parties.
It is easy to prepare it, just follow the recipe with the same care that tradition requires to use only high-quality ingredients.
Rub every slice of bread with garlic, and then top it with small cubes of peeled tomatoes, fresh basil, oregano, salt, freshly ground black pepper and good extra virgin olive oil.
Give vent to your imagination: try other variations, for example adding to the tomatoes some cubes of mozzarella or Parma ham, grilled vegetables or even smoked salmon, Philadelphia cheese and chives.
Impress your guests with Italian simplicity and goodness.
Classic Italian Bruschetta
- 8 Slices Home made Bread or French Baguette
- 4-5 Ripe Tomatoes
- 10 Leaves Fresh Basil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Wash the tomatoes and peel them ( see how to to it )
- Cut the tomatoes into four quarters and remove the seeds.
- Chop into small cubes and pour them into a large bowl.
- Chop the fresh basil leaves and add into the bowl.
- Season the mixture with oregano, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and fresh ground black pepper.
- Slice the bread about 1 cm thick and grill them in a griddle pan or toast in the oven.
- Rub every slice of bread with garlic.
- Top the slices of bread with the tomatoes mixture
- Serve hot.