Shrimp Crostini with creamy zucchini is a light and delicious Italian cold appetizer.
Perfect for a buffet or for a meal to enjoy with friends and family.
Shrimp Crostini with creamy zucchini an easy and genuine recipe. Ready in no time and the simplicity of the ingredients is the guaranteed success.
In fact, slices of toasted bread topped with delicious zucchini cream and stir-fried shrimps with garlic and thyme.
A few simple ingredients that will give your palate a mouthful of taste and freshness.
The delicacy of the creamy zucchini, the sweet taste of the shrimps, and the crunchiness of the toasted bread give a touch of class to your appetizer.
Shrimp Crostini with creamy zucchini an ideal appetizer for seafood lovers. And to follow, I recommend another light, tasty and simple fish main course, “Sicilian Prawns Involtini“.
And do not forget to put in the fridge a bottle of good Italian white wine.
- 8 Peeled Shrimps or Prawns
- 8 slices Bread ( French Baguette )
- ½ White Onion
- 5 sprigs Thyme
- 5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Finely chop the onion and brown it lightly in a saucepan over low heat with three tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Cook gently until the onion has softened.
- Wash the zucchini and cut into slices.
- Then add them into the pan and brown them for about 4 minutes.
- Add a glass of water, salt, pepper and, some thyme leaves.
- Let cook over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes until the zucchini are almost dry.
- Blend the zucchini with a hand blender or food processor until a smooth but thick cream is obtained.
- Cut the bread into eight slices and toast it on a hot grill or in the oven.
- In a pan over medium heat put two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, add one clove of garlic and three sprigs of thyme to flavor.
- Fry for about one minute then place them in one side of the pan.
- Add the shrimps, salt, and cook them one minute on each side.
- Top the toasted bread with a spoonful of zucchini cream and garnish with one shrimp for each crostino.