Panna Cotta with agar agar
This is the Panna Cotta recipe for vegetarian people, we do not use gelatine but instead, we use Agar Agar.
“Agar-agar” is a widely used ingredient in vegan cooking as a substitute for gelatine. It is a 100% natural made from red algae.
Very easy to use, it is often recommended for sweets and savory recipes where the jelly is needed.
Agar-agar is used for the preparation of jellies for desserts and aspic because its flavor does not alter the taste of the dishes.
Furthermore, its consistency is more solid than normal gelatine, that’s why we use less quantity.
In addition, Panna Cotta with Agar-agar is also suitable for those on a diet: in fact, contains very few calories and has a satiating effect.
Panna Cotta for Vegetarians
- 500 ml Double Cream
- 90 gr Granulated Sugar
- 3 gr Agar Agar Powder
- 1/2 Vanilla Pod
- Pour the cream, and sugar into a pan.
- Split the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and add, along with the pod, to the cream.
- Heat gently until hot, but not bubbling.
- Add the Agar Agar.
- Stir until it is dissolved.
- Divide the mixture among four ramekins and leave to cool.
- Place into the fridge for at least five hours, until set.