The berries coulis ( sauce ) gives to your desserts a particular flavor and freshness to your palate. It is suitable for garnish desserts such as Panna Cotta, waffles, vanilla ice cream, pancakes, cheesecakes…
Berries coulis can be obtained easily in two ways.
Raw, by blending the ingredients and filtering the obtained mixture, or by short cooking of the fruit.
The fruit that we can use are strawberries, blueberries, raspberries because it is out of season, you can use frozen fruit.
Notice: Frozen berries release plenty of juices while cooking, so do not add any water in the beginning.
Otherwise if using fresh berries rather than frozen, you’ll need to add a few tablespoons of water until you reach the consistency you desire.
FRUIT COULIS ( FRUIT SAUCE)
- 250 gr Berries Fresh or Frozen
- 90 gr Icing Sugar For Strawberries increase the dose to 120 gr.
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Wash well the fresh berries or defrost the frozen ones
- Cook the Berries in a pan over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until the fruit has released all the water (the amount of water will depend on the type of fruit)
- Add the icing sugar, the lemon juice then let cook another minute on low heat.
- Blend with a blender or food processor.
- Filter the mixture obtained with a strainer to remove any seeds pressing well with the back of the spoon and collect the sauce inside a small bowl.